The Virginia Holocaust Museum along with Echoes & Reflections presents “Creating Context for Teaching Night by Elie Wiesel.”
What is Echoes & Reflections?
Echoes & Reflections is the premier source for Holocaust educational materials and dynamic content, empowering teachers and students with the insight needed to question the past and foresight to impact the future. We partner with educators to support them, foster confidence, and amplify their skills and resources to teach about the Holocaust in a comprehensive and meaningful way.
- Become familiar with the content and pedagogy of Echoes & Reflections through experiential activities;
- Enhance personal knowledge about the Holocaust;
- Explore Echoes & Reflections multimedia assets including the correlated visual history testimonies and other primary resources and materials; and
- Be introduced to IWitness, an online complement to Echoes & Reflections that includes interactive student-centered activities.
- Examination of the history of antisemitism and the ghettos that provide context to Night.
- Exploration of interdisciplinary resources, including artwork, photographs, poetry, and Holocaust survivor testimony for teaching about the “Final Solution.”
- Discussion of significant themes of the memoir to support the teaching of the text.
Questions? Please email Megan Ferenczy, Director of Education, firstname.lastname@example.org