Hirsch Family Papers / Record Group 30
Title Hirsch Family Papers
Accession Number RG-30
Extent 0.2 linear foot (1 box)
Margaret Bukofzer Hirsch was born January 23, 1917 in Berlin, Germany. In 1936 or 1937 she married Dr. Kurt Hirsch and moved to Frankfurt-am-Main. In 1939, Kurt and Margaret received visas and found refuge in Manchester, England. In 1940 the couple, while expecting their first child, moved to the United States. They settled in Suffolk, Virginia.
Restriction on Access No restriction Restriction on Use No restriction Language English
Preferred Citation Virginia Holocaust Museum, Record Group 30, Hirsch Family Papers, [Folder #].
Scope and Content
There is a single item in this record group, it is the summary of the interview that Margaret Bukofzer Hirsch videotaped on October 10, 2005 at the Virginia Holocaust Museum.
|1||1||Summary of Interview|
- Hirsch, Margaret Bukofzer (b. January 1, 1917, d. unknown)
- Kirsch, Kurt (b. unknown, d. unknown)
- Hirsch, Jack (b. unknown, d. unknown)
- Hirsch, Harry (b. unknown, d. unknown)
- Berlin, Germany
- Frankfurt-am-Main, Germany
- Manchester, England
- Suffolk, Virginia
- United States–Holocaust–Personal Narrative