Temporary Weekday Museum Closure
Effective February 1, 2023
- VHM will be closed to the public Monday through Friday but will remain open on the weekends due to long-awaited renovations.
- The front entrance doors of the Museum will be inaccessible. Please enter the Museum through the Choral Synagogue Auditorium doors located near the intersection of 21st Street and East Cary Street.
- All scheduled Educational Workshops and Student Enrichment Programs will take place as planned.
- Scheduled Group Tours will be honored.
- Contact Guest Services Director Matt Simpson with questions.
Visiting The Museum
Admission is free. However, to ensure that we can fulfill our mission, we suggest a $6 per person donation for those who can afford to do so.
Monday–Friday: Temporarily Closed Due to Renovations
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am–5:00pm
The museum is closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter, First Day of Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve.
The VHM closes at 1:00pm the day before Thanksgiving.
The museum offers free off-street parking directly across from the Museum on Cary Street.
Age Appropriateness for Children
Due to the graphic nature of the subject matter, it is recommended that children be in at least 6th grade before visiting.