Professional Development opportunities for school systems and school staffs are on-going and can be tailored to the needs of your educational community. A few possibilities within the Virginia Holocaust Museum are:
- Full day workshops including a tour of the VHM and workshop focusing on the teaching of the Holocaust.
- Half day workshops including a tour of the VHM and an overview of available educational materials and opportunities for students
- Workshops delivered by special guests
The Alexander Lebenstein Teacher Education Institute
The Alexander Lebenstein Teacher Education Institute assists educators with their understanding of the Holocaust and genocide. Sessions focus on historical background and pedagogy which link to the Virginia Standards of Learning requirements. TEI is offered in partnership with Longwood University and is funded through generous teacher sponsorships.
Law Enforcement: Examining Ethics and Leadership
Law Enforcement: Ethics and Leadership Program focuses on the role of law enforcement during the Holocaust and the role that law enforcement plays in today’s society. This 4 hour program is ideal for law enforcement at the local, state and federal level and includes:
- A guided Museum tour
- Presentation and discussion of the role of law enforcement in the Nazi State
- An examination on the role of law enforcement in contemporary society
If you are interested in booking this program contact us here.