15 Sept 1935
The Reichstag has adopted unanimously, the following law, which is herewith promulgated.
- A subject of the State is a person, who belongs to the protective union of the German Reich, and who, therefore, has particular obligations towards the Reich.
- The status of the subject is acquired in accordance with the provisions of the Reich and State Law of Citizenship.
- A citizen of the Reich is only that subject, who is of German or kindred blood and who, through his conduct, shows that he is both desirous and fit to serve faithfully: the German people and Reich.
- The right to citizenship is acquired by the granting of Reich citizenship papers.
- Only the citizen of the Reich enjoys full political rights in accordance with the provision of the laws.
The Reich Minister of the Interior in conjunction with the Deputy of the Fuehrer will issue the necessary legal and administrative decrees for the carrying out and supplementing of this law.
Nurnberg, 15 Sept 1935 at the Reichsparteitag of Liberty.
The Fuehrer and Reichs Chancellor
The Reichs Minister of the Interior