Temporary Weekday Museum Closure
Effective February 1, 2023
- VHM will be closed to the public Monday through Friday but will remain open on the weekends due to long-awaited renovations.
- The front entrance doors of the Museum will be inaccessible. Please enter the Museum through the Choral Synagogue Auditorium doors located near the intersection of 21st Street and East Cary Street.
- All scheduled Educational Workshops and Student Enrichment Programs will take place as planned.
- Scheduled Group Tours will be honored.
- Contact Guest Services Director Matt Simpson with questions.
New Tours On Hold Due to Construction
New Group Tours are not being scheduled at the moment due to Museum renovations. However, scheduled Group Tours will be honored.
Apply To Be A Docent
The VHM is accepting applications for new docents! The Museum is looking for candidates with excellent communication skills, a comfort speaking in front of large groups, and a passion for education and history. Docents lead multiple weekly tours of the museum’s exhibits for school groups, as well as various clubs, companies, police and military, and church groups. No prior experience is necessary to become a docent.
The late Alexander Lebenstein (shown above) was a devoted VHM docent who enjoyed interacting with students.