Tours are now available.
For groups larger than 10, the Museum provides docents to guide them through the exhibits. At present, the Museum can accommodate up to 40 guests at one time. To schedule a tour of the Museum please fill out a Group Tour Reservation Form at least three weeks prior to the desired date. Keep the following in mind:
- The Museum requests that large groups divide into smaller groups of 20 or fewer before arriving to the Museum.
- Due to the graphic nature of the exhibits, tours are not scheduled for groups younger than 6th grade.
- Until further notice, masks are required for all guests. Anyone who has tested positive for COVID prior to a visit is asked to not visit until receiving a negative test.
- Bus parking is available in the Museum's secondary parking lot.
- Docent-guided tours last approximately two hours
- There is space onsite for groups to eat, however the Museum must be notified in advance of a group's intent to use the space. No groups will be allowed to use the lunchroom space without prior notice to the Museum. Groups are responsible for bringing their own meals, as there is no food for purchase at the Museum.
Accessibility Guides and Resources
The Virginia Holocaust Museum is committed to making the Museum accessible to all.
The social narrative provides an illustrated,step-by-step guide on what to expect during a visit to the VHM. Use the social narrative to prepare for your visit and chance in routine.
The sensory guide is an illustrated overview of the different areas of the VHM. For each section of the Museum, it lists highlights, noise level, rules about touching and eating, and wheelchair accessibility.
Onsite Resources Available for Use at the Desk
Lightweight stools are available to borrow from the VHM's front desk at no cost. Visitors may bring the stools around the Museum with them for easier access to seating.
Noise Reduction Headphones
Noise reduction headphones are available to borrow from the VHM's front desk at no cost. These resources are also available during all public programs. Use the online resources to help plan and prepare for your visit to the VHM.
Always be in the Know!
Sign up for our mailing list to get updates for workshops, programs, and resources specific to educators!