Antisemitism: Understanding and Countering this Hatred Today
March 20 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pm EDT
Please join Echoes & Reflections and the Virginia Holocaust Museum for a free professional development workshop on March 20, 2024.
- Define contemporary manifestations of antisemitism, both different and the same as traditional forms of antisemitism present before and during the Holocaust;
- Discover and utilize classroom lessons and resources to help students explore the persistence and impact of antisemitism worldwide;
- Explore ways to support students’ ability to recognize and actively to respond and prevent antisemitism and other forms of prejudice; and
- Build confidence and capacity to teach this subject.
I am impressed. I feel this gives me what I need to address this tough topic with my students. Thank you.
—Middle School Social Studies Teacher
WHY ATTEND THIS PROGRAM?
How do we help students understand that antisemitism did not begin nor end with the Holocaust? What do students need to know in order to recognize antisemitism today and to stand up to antisemitism and other forms of hate?
This learning opportunity explores classroom materials to support effective teaching of contemporary antisemitism, its global reach, and its expression in the form of hate speech, violence, denial, and distortion of the Holocaust.
FREE FOR EDUCATORS & INCLUDES:
- Breakfast, Coffee, and Lunch
- Echoes and Reflections Resources
- A Certificate of Attendance
WHAT IS ECHOES & REFLECTIONS?
Echoes & Reflections is the premier source for Holocaust educational materials and dynamic content, empowering teachers and students with the insight needed to question the past and foresight to impact the future. We partner with educators to support them, foster confidence, and amplify their skills and resources to teach about the Holocaust in a comprehensive and meaningful way.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 13, 2024